In the wake of Xiaomi, OPPO also seems to want to take hold of the confusing tradition of offering its devices with different names depending on the market to which they are marketed. Sometimes the name differs, net of identical hardware and design specifications, sometimes the name is very similar but with different specifications, as in the case of OPPO Reno 3 Pro 5G, launched in India at the end of 2019, re-proposed with the name Reno 3 Pro in India but with different specifications, such as the presence of a dual selfie camera and the use of a MediaTek SoC with an attached lack of 5G support.
But the story for this phone does not end here, as we know with certainty that OPPO Reno 3 Pro will also be sold in Europe, also in Italy, as certified and officially by the Polish division of the brand. So far nothing strange if it were not for the rest of the European market, excluding Poland, the device will arrive with the name of OPPO Find X2 Neo. Oh yes, just that smartphone, of which VP Brian Shen, would have claimed not to be aware of it despite the denial arrived from the FCC.
New OPPO smartphone coming to the European market: will the Find X2 Neo?
That said, let's take stock of the situation on the data sheet based on the information published on the Polish website:
- 6.5 ″ Full HD + (2400 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display, 90 Hz refresh rate, 402 PPI density and Gorilla Glass 5 protection;
- dimensions of 159.4 x 72.4 x 7.7 mm for 171 g;
- Moonlight Black and Starry Blue colors;
- octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor;
- Qualcomm Adreno 620 GPU;
- 12 GB of RAM LPDDR4X;
- 256 GB of UFS 2.1 storage;
- fingerprint reader in the display and face recognition;
- 48 + 13 + 8 + 2 MP quad camera with f / 1.7-2.4-2.2-2.4 aperture, 2X telephoto lens, wide angle, portrait sensor, PDAF autofocus, OIS and LED flash;
- 32 MP front camera with f / 2.4 aperture;
- support dual SIM 4G / 5G, Wi-Fi ac Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / Galileo;
- 4025 mAh battery with VOOC 4.0 charging;
- Android 10 operating system with ColorOS 7.
From the Polish official website we could also take a cue for the price, 2600 PLN which at the exchange rate translates into about 570 euros. The only note to report is that OPPO Reno 3 Pro (Polish version) unlike OPPO Find X2 Neo (for the rest of the European market), is support for 5G networks. Perhaps a forgetfulness on the part of the regional division, a parameter that in any case should not be missing on the model that will also be marketed in our country. When will the launch start? Well for this information we await further indiscretions that we will not fail to provide you, even if some sources indicate May as the eligible date at the launch.