Oppo's operating system, ColorOS, has recently seen a complete review both from the UX point of view and at the kernel level with the update to Android 10. The Chinese brand has therefore released the new operating system in beta version first for the Oppo F11 series and then continuing with many other devices. Well, it seems the time has come to see ColorOS 7 on Android 10 in a stable version on some smartphones such as Oppo Reno2, Oppo Reno Z, Oppo F11, Oppo F11 Pro, Oppo A9 and the Oppo R17.
ColorOS 7 with Android 10 Stable released for 6 Oppo devices
So the devices just mentioned will receive the new ColorOS 7 (including the Avengers Limited Edition of the Oppo F11 Pro), while for the Oppo Reno2 Z you will have to wait until April 25th. In any case, the F11 and A9 series share the same firmware in version CPH1969EX_11.C.20, the Reno Z will instead have the software version CPH1979_C.21, who has a Reno2 should receive the build CPH1907PUEX_11.C.25 and finally the R17 will receive the CPH1879EX_F.03.
Let's go now to see the complete Changelog for these devices:
- The brand new borderless design makes the interface more attractive and more efficient operation.
- OPPO Sans added as default font. The new font offers a refreshing feeling and shows OPPO's desire to blend beauty and technology.
- Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app from the Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball Opacity on the full screen app.
- Optimized the Floating Window function for multiple apps.
- Added a bubble: a bubble is displayed when you open an app in a Floating Window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimized 3-finger screen gesture: use 3 fingers on the screen to touch and hold, then scroll to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers on the screen to touch and hold, then slide your fingers outward to take a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: you can adjust the position of the floating window to preview the screenshot and set the sound of the screenshot.
- Floating Window for optimized screenshot preview: after taking a screenshot, drag it upwards and release it to share it, or drag it downwards and release it to take a long screenshot.
Navigation gestures 3.0
- New gesture: swipe in from both sides of the screen and then hold down to switch to the previous app.
- Optimized gestures: all gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Dark Mode added: protects the eyes by reducing energy consumption.
- Focus Mode added: protects you from external distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new reload animations.
- Optimized user interface Quick settings for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to dismiss banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and screen recording settings.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key taps and compass pointer.
- Optimized system preloaded ringtones.
- Added mobile TalkBack instructions for accessibility.
- Added color accessibility mode to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management feature for recent activities: you can view information about recent activity memory and lock apps.
- Visual interaction optimized for Game Space.
- Optimized startup animation for Game Space.
- New live wallpapers added.
- Added static Art + backgrounds.
- Added option to open Global Search or notification panel when scrolling down on the home screen.
- Customize the size, shape and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the lock screen to change your unlocking methods.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Live wallpapers supported on lock screen.
- Added screenless clock styles.
- Added a simple home screen mode with larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open the calculator in a floating window.
- Added the cropping feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adjusts to the current weather.
- Weather adaptive weather animations added.
- Optimization of the camera user interface for a better user experience.
- Optimization of the user interface and timer sound.
- Optimized album user interface for clearer structure and thumbnails of photos.
- Added album hints that recognize over 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports file sharing with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the contact user interface for a more efficient experience.
- It is possible to search within Settings roughly and there will be a history of searches.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one touch.
- Adding DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).